Read below for instructions on how to use your Widex TV Play with your Moment Hearing Aids!
- Ensure your iPhone is updated with the latest operating system – iOS 14.4.2 (As of 4/14/2021)
- If your iPhone Apps do not update automatically, ensure that your Widex Moment App has been updated through the App store.
- Open your Moment app, at which time you should be prompted to run a firmware update for your hearing aids. Follow the prompts to run that update. If you do not use the Moment app, please call the office to schedule an appointment so we can update the firmware in your hearing aids.
- Following instructions for the TV Play, connect it to your television. If you have technical difficulties please call 844-497-8844 for Widex consumer support. They will be able to troubleshoot issues you may have based on the make/model of your television, etc.
- Pair the TV Play to your hearing aids. Place your aids in Pairing mode by putting them in the charger and removing them or turning them off and then on. (For rechargeable hearing aids they can be turned off by holding the button for approximately 5 seconds. Hold the button again for approximately 5 seconds until you hear the aids turn on. Non-rechargeable hearing aids can be turned off and on by opening and closing the battery doors). This will pair your aids to the TV Play and the sound from the TV should automatically begin streaming through your hearing aids. For technical issues, please contact the Widex consumer support line in step 4.
- Individuals have periodically reported the sound streaming directly through the TV Play is too loud and the volume on the TV set must be decreased excessively. This may result in the volume of the TV being too low for others in the room also watching TV. This can be managed through the Moment app. See the instructions and diagram here.
- To stop streaming the TV through the hearing aids, use the Moment app, or press the button on one hearing aid for approximately 2 seconds.
Call North Shore Audio-Vestibular Lab at (847) 432-5555 for more information or to schedule an appointment.